Pearly Penile Papules Treatments exist in both surgical and at home and more homeopathic treatments. Due to both cost and associated uncomfortable recovery time, most men opt out of the surgical option, but we will cover both for you as well as what Pearly Penile Papules are.
PEARLY PENILE PAPULES-WHAT ARE THEY?
Medically known as “hirsuties coronae glandis” pearly penile papules appear as small white or fleshy colored skin tags that usually appear around the dome of the penis, but sometimes and more rare pearly penile papules can appear on the shaft.
They get their name or are described as “pearly” due to their perceived “shiny” or “glistening” surface and general arrangement on the penis appearing like a string of pearls.
When found on the shaft of the penis they are more commonly referred to “Fordyce Spots.” They have the same raised bump appearance as “pearly penile papules” and can occur in women as well.
Neither Pearly Penile Papules nor Fordyce Spots are a sexually transmitted disease and cannot be transmitted to a sexual partner.
Pearly Penile Papules are most commonly found in uncircumcised men usually in their 20’s and 30’s but have been found in boys as young as 12 years old.
Pearly Penile Papule Causes
Both Pearly Penile Papule and Fordyce Spots causes are not well known, but it is believed especially in the case of Fordyce Spots, that they are caused by a diet rich in oily foods. The “sebaceous glands” glands on the penis are unable to control the oil secretion resulting in Penile Papule and Fordyce Spots.
Pearly Penile Papules Treatments Surgical
Treatment for Pearly Penile Papules comes in both surgical and homeopathic forms and we will present both option here.
- Pearly Penile Papules Treatments (Surgical CO2) – A laser the size of a pencil tip and made of CO2 is used to, one by one, remove the pearly penile papules from the affected area of the penis. This is performed in a hospital setting; it is usually an out patient surgery and is performed by a doctor or dermatologist.
- Pearly Penile Papules Treatments (Hyfrecator) – Alternating AC Currents are used to essentially burn of the pearly penile papules. Also performed in a hospital setting by a doctor or dermatologist, it can be quite uncomfortable for the patient.
Pearly Penile Papules Treatments NON-Surgical
- Pearly Penile Papules Treatments (Homeopathic)-Most men opt for the more natural and less expensive non-surgical methods of pearly penile papule treatments. 2 of the most common at home treatments involve the application of either Castor Oil or Tea Tree Oil.
- The Tooth Paste Treatment- This is another at home treatment that has been found to be very effective for most men looking to remove their pearly penile papules. Tip- The most effective toothpaste for this treatment is Colgate.
There are several more homeopathic and effective pearly penile papule treatments available and we provide a helpful banner below.
Some Pearly Penile Papules Treatment Myths
- As previously mentioned, Pearly Penile Papules are NOT a sexually transmitted disease, but rather a fairly common skin affliction.
- Masturbating less or masturbating more will neither remove nor exacerbate a previous condition.
- pearly penile papules can occur in women.
- Pearly Penile Papules are not a punishment from God (I know, but I have seen this too many times to ignore it.)
- Pearly penile papules can occur in women
Pearly Penile Papules can be a very embarrassing affliction for some men affecting both their relationships and sex life. Although not usually a painful affliction some men do experience discomfort during sex and/or masturbation. As always if you have any questions consult your physician about pearly penile papules treatments.